ADVERTISEMENT

Odor Forces Evacuation of Altoona High School



A malfunctioning air handler forced the evacuation of the Altoona Area High School A-Building late Tuesday morning.
 
District spokeswoman Paula Foreman tells WRTA News a burning rubber smell filled the Field House, cafeteria and library around 11:30AM. Students were taken to the Altoona High School Auditorium.
 
City fire officials say a ball-bearing malfunctioned and caused the unit to overheat. Students were allowed back in the building around 12:15PM.


Filed Under :  
Topics : Disaster_AccidentEducation
Social :
People : Paula Foreman
A   A   A
 
The 11th Hour - Guests & Topics April 11th-18th 2014
Monday April 14th Dr. Gabe Mirkin Dr. Mirkin.com Dr. Gabe Mirkin on Fitness & Health Facebook page Dr. Mirkin on Twitter Tuesday April 15th David Ickes Wednesday April 16th Thursday April 17th Adam Conrad - Real...
Read More
Dial N Deal - April 11th 2014
Keith Junior High School Varsity Jacket new, never worn, size XXL, stored in a non-smoking, no-pet home from 1990's - $130 Swatch Watch 1983 vintage, tennis grid design, model GW100, with red Swatch Guard, original packaging, needs battery,...
Read More
The 11th Hour - Guest & Topics April 7th-11th 2014
Monday April 7th Master Gardener Tom Ford 472-7986 - tgf2@psu.edu Penn State Cooperative Extension/Balir County Facebook Tuesday April 8th David Ickes also WISE Woman of Blair Country Annual Tribute Dinner & Honorees April 16th - The...
Read More