A fire that damaged a city home early Monday morning has been ruled an accident. Emergency crews were called to 404 South 7th Street just before 2:30AM. Deputy Fire Chief Tim Hileman tells WRTA News that an unattended candle cause. Hileman says the occupant of the home had fallen asleep and was alerted to the fire by a smoke detector. She initially tried to put the fire out but then decided to get just out of the structure. Fire crews had things under control in minutes. Damage was confined to the bathroom, but the rest of the house sustained smoke damage.