A family of four managed to escape a massive fire in their northern Bedford County home early Wednesday morning.
The blaze broke out around 3:00AM and quickly destroyed the structure at 404 Chestnut Street in New Enterprise. Firefighters say the home was fully-involved when emergency crews arrived on scene. The Eshelman family got out with nothing but their clothes they had on. Their two dogs also made it to safety.
The house collapsed closing part of Hershberger Road. The American Red Cross is assisting the family. A state police fire marshal has determined the blaze began at the back of the home but has not ruled on a cause.