1301 - 12th Street
Altoona, PA 16601-3491
A $25.00 processing fee (check or money order) must be paid at the time the application is filed. Applications that are incomplete for any reason will not be accepted, and will be returned to the applicant. Falsification, concealment or misrepresentation of material fact on the application form may result in disqualification. All previous applicants will be required to reapply and repeat the entire application process in order to be considered for employment.
- Must pass a physical agility test scheduled for Saturday, February 9, 2013, at 8:30 A.M., in Altoona.
- Must pass a written Civil Service Test to be administered on Saturday, February 16, 2013, at 8:30 A.M., in Altoona.
- Must have successfully completed a Pennsylvania Act 120 basic training program.
- Must be a resident of the City of Altoona, PA, within six months of the date of employment and must remain a resident for the tenure of employment.
- Must be 21 years of age on or before the date of employment.
- Must be a United States citizen.
- Must have graduated from an accredited high school or have a Graduate Equivalency Diploma (G.E.D.) acceptable to the Commission.
- Must be licensed to operate a motor vehicle in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania.
- Must be of high moral character and free of felony or misdemeanor convictions.
- Must be physically and mentally fit for the full duties of a Police Officer.
- Must submit to a Computerized Voice Stress Analysis (CVSA).
- Must agree to psychological and physical examinations if offered employment.
Starting salary: $41,047.92