ADVERTISEMENT

Odor Forces Evacuation of Altoona High School



A malfunctioning air handler forced the evacuation of the Altoona Area High School A-Building late Tuesday morning.
 
District spokeswoman Paula Foreman tells WRTA News a burning rubber smell filled the Field House, cafeteria and library around 11:30AM. Students were taken to the Altoona High School Auditorium.
 
City fire officials say a ball-bearing malfunctioned and caused the unit to overheat. Students were allowed back in the building around 12:15PM.


Filed Under :  
Topics : Disaster_AccidentEducation
Social :
People : Paula Foreman
A   A   A
 
The 11th Hour - Guests & Topics April 21st-25th 2014
Monday April 21st James B. Huntington, PH.D Choosing a Lasting Career The Job-by-Job Outlook for Work's New Age Work's New Age Blog Tuesday April 22nd David Ickes Wednesday April 23rd Barry Ickes Thursday April...
Read More
Dial N Deal - April 18th 2014
GPX Karaoke Party Machine with CD and G&CD player, professional microphone and other features, $79.99 new, newver used, new-in-box - $50 Gibson Imperial Dinnerware Set 16-piece, porcelain, never used, new-in-box $25 Samuel, Altoona...
Read More
The 11th Hour - Guests & Topics April 11th-18th 2014
Monday April 14th Dr. Gabe Mirkin Dr. Mirkin.com Dr. Gabe Mirkin on Fitness & Health Facebook page Dr. Mirkin on Twitter Tuesday April 15th David Ickes Wednesday April 16th Thursday April 17th Adam Conrad - Real...
Read More