In case you weren’t aware, this is National Drinking Water Week.
The DEP is encouraging all Pennsylvanians to learn how to better protect and conserve their water.
National Drinking Water Week recognizes the importance of water source protection and conservation; the fragility of Pennsylvania’s water resources; and that cutting down on pollution and conserving water start at home.
To keep pollution out of water sources, consider these steps:
• Appropriately use, store and dispose of household substances safely, rather than pouring them down the drain;
• Test private well water annually for bacteria contamination;
• Inspect household wells annually; and
• Move possible contamination sources, such as kennels or livestock operations, waste systems or chemical storage areas a safe distance from nearby wellheads.
To conserve Pennsylvania’s water sources:
• Install low-flow plumbing fixtures, such as on showerheads and faucets;
• Check for household leaks and monitor your water bill for high usage;
• Take short showers instead of baths;
• Turn off the faucet when brushing your teeth;
• Run dishwashers and washing machines only with full loads;
• Install a rain barrel outside the house to collect rainwater and reuse it in daily household chores, such as watering the lawn or washing the car; and
• Wash your pets outdoors in areas of the lawn that need water.
For more information about drinking water and to search the online Drinking Water Reporting System, visit www.dep.state.pa.us and click the “Drinking Water Week” banner at the top of the homepage.
Monday April 21st
James B. Huntington, PH.D
Choosing a Lasting Career
The Job-by-Job Outlook for Work's New Age
Work's New Age Blog
Tuesday April 22nd
Wednesday April 23rd
GPX Karaoke Party Machine
with CD and G&CD player, professional microphone
and other features, $79.99 new, newver used,
new-in-box - $50
Gibson Imperial Dinnerware Set
16-piece, porcelain, never used,
Monday April 14th
Dr. Gabe Mirkin
Dr. Gabe Mirkin on Fitness & Health Facebook page
Dr. Mirkin on Twitter
Tuesday April 15th
Wednesday April 16th
Thursday April 17th
Adam Conrad - Real...